Diaper Rash

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

When my toddler was still a baby, we rarely used diaper cloths because disposable diapers are really affordable here in the Philippines. So, the down side is, my baby's bottom gets rashes. :( It's really difficult for both baby and mommy because the rashes are just irritating his poor bottom. But, thank goodness he just had those mild small ones, not the really red and worse ones.


STORY:
This one time, I had a runny nose and wasn't feeling okay and I just changed his diaper. So I expect the diaper to be hours before changing it. Like, 3-4 hours. So, hours passed and my soon-to-be-mother-in-law tells me that baby has a poopie. I didn't realize that because usually when you're holding your child, you feel it when he poops or makes the "pooping face" and I don't smell the poop at all.. So when I was changing him, he already had rashes because the little poop was in there for like a long time. Maybe right after I first changed him. I felt so bad for him so the day after, we went to the doctor and prescribed Desitin.


This product worked like magic for my baby's butt. It's about Php 200.00 ($4.93). You just put a thick amount on your fingers and rub it to your baby's clean bottom. Then you can put on diaper on him, or, what I do is that I don't, I let his bottom breathe a little. You know what I mean?

For really mild and if you spot those rashes building up AND you want really affordable product, I suggest this product, Calmoseptine.


The little packet costs, I'm not sure, under Php 20.00 or a little over. So, really affordable and a little goes a long way. Although, it is not as effective for those worse case rashes. I suggest this product for really mild cases.

All of these products are available at your leading drugstores.
Thanks for reading!


You Might Also Like

0 comments